taking the lid off in the morning. now stir and heat! ^^
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen that I’ve recently started loving breakfasts and trying new things. I posted on my Insta Stories about the overnight oats I make, and many of you wanted to hear the recipe! SO, I finally got around to posting about it!
I am obsessed with overnight oats! They are SO super simple and the perfect meal for a morning on the go or just when you need a quick breakfast. Low calorie, healthy, easy, and a variety of options for toppings. Sounds pretty darn good to me.
Overnight Oats Recipe:
- Add 4 cups of filtered water to dutch oven. (tap water creates a green film on the oats in the morning and doesn’t look appetizing)
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Add 1 cup steel cut oats. (we use Coach’s oats from Costco)
- Let boil for exactly 1 minute. Just until the bubbles start rising in the pot. Refer to my photo above!
- Turn off heat and cover. Let sit overnight on stove.
- Heat and stir in the morning. Add any desired toppings!
Here are 3 yummy ways to make your oats!
- Blueberries and blackberries, a handful of granola (find my recipe here), and drizzle with honey.
- Sliced strawberries, chia seeds, and a big spoonful of natural peanut (or almond) butter.
- Raisins, pepitas (raw green pumpkin seeds), cinnamon, and granola OR nuts of your choice!
Of course you can add anything and everything that sounds good to you! I’m yet to try more varieties. They are all so easy and delicious.
p.s. please excuse my grainy, low light photos! I took these photos early in the morning and it was still pretty dark!