Pregnancy is such a beautiful blessing, but sometimes it’s also a challenge. I try to be really practical and not overbuy, especially throughout my pregnancy. There are so many products and gimmicks out there that it can be hard to narrow down the must-have items. I do believe being comfortable is SO necessary, especially while carrying and growing a baby! If ever a time to have some essential products, it’s now.
Here are my top maternity must have items:
1. Honest Belly Balm. Moisturizing is super important as your baby bump grows and it just feels good. I was kinda picky about belly butters when I became pregnant because my sense of smell was so heightened. I fell in love with this belly balm because 1. its organic and the ingredients are so good and 2. it smells delicious and feels so smooth and soft. So far no stretch marks!
2. Ingrid & Isabel Leggings. These are dreamy. The stretch is perfect and the belly panel makes it comfy and easy to wear over the belly or folded down. It’s such a great everyday item for throughout your entire pregnancy. See how I’ve styled them here.
3. Liz Lange for Target Maternity Tanks. I have three of these tanks! They are really, really soft and fit wonderfully. I wear them around the house with sweatpants, with leggings and flats, and layered under sweaters. Super versatile, while being super comfortable.
4. EOS Lip Balm. I’m obsessed with this organic lip balm. It smells so yummy and feels great! Simple and great for those pregnant dry lips.
6. PinkBlush Lounge Pants. I have been living in these wide maternity pajama pants for a good portion of my pregnancy. They are super comfortable and perfect for lounging around the house. I really love the wide leg, thick waistband, and the soft cotton fabric.
I don’t have any maternity pillow on my list because I personally have used a combination of a couple foam and feather pillows to get comfy for sleep. This route has worked wonderfully for me and I’ve slept great without purchasing any specially made pregnancy pillow. One less thing to buy and to store, in my opinion! I also highly, highly recommend investing in a monthly prenatal massage. I started going to a prenatal massage each month around the time I hit the second trimester and I am SO glad I did. It reminds you to relax, helps ease stress and tension, calms anxiety, and can improve your mental and physical health.
I hope this helps narrow your search for the perfect maternity items! I’d love to hear what else is on your list of must haves? Share in the comments!